What is your personality type? I’m the spontaneous idealist.

Post image for What is your personality type?  I’m the spontaneous idealist.

by Rita H. Azar on May 9, 2014

Bonjour!

There is a personality test going around on Facebook at the moment. I always approach these tests with a bit of scepticism. I mean, how can one describe the immensely complex personality of a human being including all the grey zone in only a few lines. But, as usual, curiosity took the best of me and I decided to give it a go. I’m sharing today the result of the test for my personality type because I was gobsmacked by how well it described me and thought you would like to know a little bit more about who I am.

I also made hubby do the test. He is a much laid back type of person, in the sense that he is not easily impressed, but he was amazed by the results. His test came up with the Reliable Realist type of personality.  It described his personality in such a perfect way!

This test also made me think on how much hubby and I are different in so many aspects; I mean quite the opposite.  Some experts would say that more the characteristics of two people are similar, more probable their couple would work and last. Well, I think we just complete each other nicely.

Spontaneous Idealist

Spontaneous Idealists are creative, lively and open-minded persons. They are humorous and dispose of a contagious zest for life. Their enthusiasm and sparkling energy inspires others and sweeps them along. They enjoy being together with other people and often have an uncanny intuition for their motivations and potential.

Spontaneous Idealists are masters of communication and very amusing and gifted entertainers. Fun and variety are guaranteed when they are around. However, they are sometimes somewhat too impulsive in dealing with others and can hurt people without really meaning to do so, due to their direct and sometimes critical nature.

This personality type is a keen and alert observer; they miss nothing which is going on around them. In extreme cases, they tend to be oversensitive and exaggeratedly alert and are inwardly always ready to jump. Life for them is an exciting drama full of emotionality. However, they quickly become bored when things repeat themselves and too much detailed work and care is required. Their creativity, their imaginativeness and their originality become most noticeable when developing new projects and ideas – they then leave the meticulous implementation of the whole to others. On the whole, Spontaneous Idealists attach great value to their inner and outward independence and do not like accepting a subordinate role. They therefore have problems with hierarchies and authorities.

If you have a Spontaneous Idealist as your friend, you will never be bored; with them, you can enjoy life to the full and celebrate the best parties. At the same time, they are warm, sensitive, attentive and always willing to help. If Spontaneous Idealists have just fallen in love, the sky is full of violins and their new partners are showered with attention and affection. This type then bubbles over with charm, tenderness and imagination. But, unfortunately, it soon becomes boring for them once the novelty has worn off. Boring everyday life in a partnership is not for them so that many Spontaneous Idealists slip from one affair into another. However, should the partner manage to keep their curiosity alive and not let routine and familiarity gain the upper hand, Spontaneous Idealists can be inspiring and loving partners.

It takes about 5 minutes to do the test and it can be found here (for French speakers here).

I would love to have your thoughts on these type of tests.  Also, if you give it a go, let me know what type of personality you are.  Did you recognise yourself in the result?

Happy Friday and Enjoy your week-end!

Au revoir!

Signature

If you enjoyed reading my post, you can subscribe by email and receive all my new posts in your inbox.  You can also like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, on Instagram and Bloglovin.
Please, leave me a comment.  Let me know what you think of my post or any opinion you would like to share.  Even though I don’t answer all the comments, I read them all and I love them!

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Nancy May 9, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Now I know why I’m never bored with you and Claudia and I always have fun:)

Rita Azar May 12, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I can say the same about you Nanc! Love you!
Rita Azar recently posted…Happy second blog anniversary to The Crafty Expat!My Profile

Claudia May 10, 2014 at 12:43 pm

You made me smile Nancy. Miss the old time together. Even when we see each other, still we have fun. I want to do the test and will let you know the result.

Rita Azar May 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Miss you beautiful girl! Love you!

Lizzy - Muddle-Headed Mamma May 10, 2014 at 2:19 pm

well I would agree that you are a master of communication – at least written communication (I’ve never spoken to you so I can’t vouch for the oral side!) and also that you are a gifted and entertaining writer. I just did the test and I came out an a harmony-seeking idealist. I found it really hard to choose which of the sections most related to me though because I seemed to be a complete mix of all the options!
Lizzy – Muddle-Headed Mamma recently posted…The Five Most Memorable Pieces of Advice My Mother Gave MeMy Profile

Rita Azar May 12, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Thanks Lizzy!
Yes, I agree with you. For me too I had difficulties to choose a section in one or two of the questions. I find all this very interesting because when my husband did the test, it was always very clear which section he wanted to chose.
I just read the description of your personality type and something that stood out for me was that they said that this type of personality is very creative. I would totally agree with that from what I know about you.

Janet aka Middle Aged Mama May 10, 2014 at 9:30 pm

This was fun – thank you for introducing me to this test! I am a “Good Natured Realist” – and it’s pretty accurate; except I’m slightly more extroverted I think, and definitely NOT quiet or reserved (is any blogger reserved?!) LOL … here is my list of traits:

“introverted, practical, emotional, planning, tradition-conscious, good-natured, self-sacrificing, caring, devoted, friendly, loyal, considerate, reliable, conscientious, loving, quiet, reserved, modest, helpful, objective, hard-working, warm-hearted, communicative, painstaking, altruistic.”
Janet aka Middle Aged Mama recently posted…The Many Faces of Depression 9: AnxiousMy Profile

Rita Azar May 12, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I just went I read the description of your personality type Janet. It’s very interesting isn’t it this test! I think I would agree with you there about bloggers not being reserved!

Grace May 14, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Personality tests are fun! I can totally see you as the spontaneous idealist. You’d be perfect to have at a dinner party :) You’ve just given me a great idea for a post!
Grace recently posted…Look Good…Feel BetterMy Profile

Rita Azar May 19, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Yes Grace! I think it’s quite a good description of my personality! Looking forward to read your post!

Francesca May 16, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I am so useless at these things because I’m such a mixture of things – a walking contradiction!!
Francesca recently posted…Returning: The “Official” Book Launch!My Profile

Rita Azar May 19, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Haha Francesca! This is what I said to my husband when we met: that I’m full of contradictions!

Jean May 18, 2014 at 12:18 am

It does describe me up to a point. See below. I guess there were only 2 choices which I felt a little boxed in. I would say I do have emotional outbursts which I get frustrated or angry or am highly enthusiastic….that might startle others. :)

Well, I don’t put cycling as risky as skydiving…which I have no interest in trying! But there’s a lot of people who think cycling is risky. I enjoy talking philosophically with good friends on issues as well as mutually shared interests..so the profile isn’t quite me. But yea, I’m happy to be an introspective wallflower at parties and seek out just a few interesting people to chat up.

I’m rational, analytic for my job: I have to be given the nature of my work. But outside of work, I’m a lot less. My partner who has civil engineering degree can confirm this!

Yesterday I just took a 1 day course on conflict resolution. There was a self-assessment test on how we handle such situations. I think I’ve changed over the years without realizing it: I do tend to be direct in handling such situations if I have the chance. I want to collaborate with others to find a solution and resolve the conflict/differences to satisfaction of both parties. I wouldn’t have quite said that 25 yrs. ago. :)

I’m an Individualistic Doer:
Individualistic Doers are self-assured and very independent people. They are quiet and realistic, very rational, extremely matter of fact people. They strongly cultivate their individualism and enjoy applying their abilities to new tasks. But they are also very spontaneous and impulsive persons who like to follow their sudden inspirations.
Individualistic Doers are good and precise observers who register everything which goes on around them. However, they are not so sensitive as regards interpersonal relations and are surprised when they occasionally rub someone up the wrong way with their direct and blunt manner. They are not particularly fond of obligations; but if you give them space, they are uncomplicated, sociable and cheerful individuals.

My profile:
Individualistic Doers enjoy challenges – action and the odd kick are simply part of their life. They love tempting fate and many people of this type have risky hobbies such as skydiving or bungee jumping. This also applies to their workday life. Individualistic Doers are in top form in critical situations; they can grasp situations, make decisions and take the necessary steps extremely quickly. Hierarchies and authorities impress them very little; if a superior is not competent, they will have little respect for him. Individualistic Doers like to take on responsibility. They have a marked sense of reality and always find the most suitable and expedient solution for a problem. They resolve conflicts openly and directly; here, they sometimes lack tact but are also very good at taking criticism themselves.

As friends, Individualistic Doers are loyal and devoted; they only have a few friendships but many of them last a lifetime. People enjoy talking to them because of their optimistic attitude to life and their ability to listen. However, they prefer to talk about mutual interests and hobbies rather than about theoretical or philosophical issues – they are not tangible enough for them. They need a lot of freedom and time to themselves in love relationships but, at the same time, they are also very tolerant towards their partners. It happens very seldom that Individualistic Doers fall head over heels in love. They are far too rational. They prefer to pick their partner on the basis of mutual interests and preferences which they want to share with that partner. Individualistic Doers are not particularly fond of effusive outbursts of emotion. They prefer to prove their love by their actions and expect the same of their partner. Whoever wishes to tie an Individualistic Doer to himself needs a lot of patience. It takes some time before this personality type is willing to get involved with another person.

Adjectives that describe your type
introverted, practical, logical, spontaneous, adventurous, resolved, independent, fearless, loyal, analytical, realistic, optimistic, interested, quiet, curious, circumspect, individualistic, action-loving, venturesome, cool, dispassionate, reserved, skillful, confident, independent, communicative, down-to-earth

Rita Azar May 19, 2014 at 10:53 pm

There are a lot of people indeed Jean who think that cycling is quite dangerous and risky.
It would be quite interesting to do this test again in a few years time and see if the results will stay the same.
Thanks for playing along!