Things I know about the crazy weather in Melbourne!

Post image for Things I know about the crazy weather in Melbourne!

by Rita H. Azar on October 18, 2013

Bonjour!

BlogtoberFest 2013, day 18.

Today, I’m linking up with Rhianna over at A Parenting Life for Things I Know because I know I will never get use to Melbourne’s weather!

I had a whole different post planned about SEO’s but I decided to leave it for next week and vent about the weather instead.

In my four years of living in Melbourne, I have never seen a day like yesterday.

The day started with a beautiful sun, a blue sky and about 20 degrees Celsius.

Then, we had some rain followed by hail stones, this was the second time this week!

After, the sun came back again with the blue sky but, about half an hour later, it was raining, cloudy and grey!  Ah, and the wind kicked in!

After that, well it’s a bit hard to explain but it was something like sunny but with rain…

The day finished with a cold, winter-like evening, about 12 degrees Celsius.

winter-summer-complain-weather-job-seasonal-ecards-someecards

Since I live in Melbourne, I never know what I should wear because the weather changes so much from one day to the other; even from one hour to the other.

I know people don’t understand when I complain about the weather because I come from Canada and winter is really cold there.  But, at least we know that winter is cold so dress up with your coat and warm clothes and summer is short but hot so bring out the shorts and skirts.

impressed-weather-seasonal-ecard-someecards

I know what they say about Melbourne: 4 seasons in one day or “If you don’t like the weather in Melbourne, wait five minutes!”

Right, but I also know I’ll never get use to the crazy weather in Melbourne and the incredible way it can change.

I know I’m whinging today but I want to say that my heart and thoughts go with the people in NSW battling with the bushfires.  This is really terrible.  Please, stay safe everyone.

What do you know today?

Do you think I’m whinging too much about the weather?

How’s the weather in your part of the world?

things i know

Au revoir!

Signature

If you enjoyed reading my post, you can subscribe by email and receive all my new posts in your inbox.  You can also like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter, on Instagram and Bloglovin.
Please, leave me a comment.  Let me know what you think of my post or any opinion you would like to share.  Even though I don’t answer all the comments, I read them all and I love them!

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Rhianna October 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Oh my that is just crazy weather! I live in the land of predictable weather. It is hot, hot or hotter! I know I hope everyone near the fires stay safe as well.

Thanks so much for joining in #thingsiknow
Rhianna recently posted…Things I Know About Writers Reveal And Other StuffMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I’m sure sometimes you just hope for rain or cooler weather in Darwin but I LOVE hot weather!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Me October 18, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I know that Tassie has weather very similar to that – 4 seasons in one day and wait 30 mins and the weather will change – and it does !!!!! I thought it was only Melbourne where you had that weather but apparently not !
I think it would drive me nuts – how do you get dressed in the morning ?????
Have the best day no matter what the weather does !!!
Me
Me recently posted…What Do You Know ?My Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm

The weather here does make me crazy! I’m always getting out of the house with a jumper and an umbrella, even if it’s sunny! You never know!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Aroha October 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm

We are seeing rain for the first time in WEEEEKS here. I hope it’s enough to turn all the brown to green again! I couldn’t handle Melb weather! Sorry, the GC weather has spoiled me too badly!
Aroha recently posted…Thankful ThursdayMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I wish hubby was living in the Gold Coast! I think I’d love the weather there!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Annie October 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I don’t think you’re whinging…people LOVE talking about the weather. I live in Ballarat and it has been crazy weather I know. I always have clothes ready for all seasons and usually never put away my flannelette pajamas
Annie recently posted…Windy Spring 18th OctoberMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Yes! My winter clothes are out all year long! I never put them away!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Housewife in Heels October 19, 2013 at 10:39 am

I’ve never had a visit to Melbourne when the weather has been predictable! Thankfully Brisbane is generally pretty reliable with its weather!
Housewife in Heels recently posted…Bits and PiecesMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I said it and say it again: I want to live in Queensland!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Alarna Rose Gray October 19, 2013 at 11:27 am

I know exactly what you mean. I’ll never get used to it – and I came from Tassie, where it is supposed to be colder. But, in fact, it is more even there – predictably colder, and nowhere near as windy! Nothing to do for it except take multiple layers of clothing with you wherever you go. *sigh* :)
Alarna Rose Gray recently posted…Plastics PostScriptMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:07 pm

That’s right Alarna… Even in summer I always have a jumper with me!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile

Grace October 19, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I love that Crowded House song, “Four Seasons In One Day” – it’s a perfect tribute to Melbourne.
I never know what to pack when I go to visit Melbourne!
Grace recently posted…FYBF – The BFF EditionMy Profile

Rita Azar October 23, 2013 at 2:13 pm

This is definitely the perfect song for Melbourne!
Rita Azar recently posted…Wordless Wednesday – FlowersMy Profile