I found this recipe the other day on the blog of Woodentaste and I thought it looked really delicious! So, I decided to give it a go especially that I had a nice half butternut pumpkin in my fridge. You can find the original recipe here. I made a few minor changes.
- Half butternut pumpkin peeled (I haven’t peeled mine but this is definitively something I’ll do next time.)
- 300 grams of minced beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Half chilli seeds removed and finely chopped
- Some grated cheese
- Some olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt + ¼ teaspoon of pepper + 1 teaspoon of cumin for the minced beef
- ¼ teaspoon of salt + ¼ teaspoon of pepper for the butternut pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Rub the butternut pumpkin with oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place it in an ovenproof dish. Cook for an hour or until soft (the cooking time depends on your oven.)
- Meanwhile, cook the onion with a little bit of oil, in a pan, until softened. Add the chili and cook for a few minutes. Add the minced beef and cook breaking up any lumps and until it loses red colour. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, tomato paste and kidney beans and mix all the ingredients together.
- Scoop out a little of the butternut pumpkin and mix it with the minced beef mixture (I forgot to do this step but it was delicious just the same.)
- Fill the butternut pumpkin with the minced beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on the top and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes until melted cheese (you can also broil for few minutes until golden cheese.)
- Serve with salad or veggies. It was a delight!
What is your favourite butternut pumpkin recipe?
The knitting series will be back next Friday with moss stitches.
Happy Friday and enjoy your week-end!
Linking this post with Grace over at With Some Grace for FYBF.